About Old West's Farms & the Animals

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Winter is upon us ...

I sure do wish we could get a handle on this "global warming" before we all freeze to death.

It is COLD ~

We installed heating lamps in the girls and boys pens, and blanketed the horses. It dipped down
to four degrees this past week with the feels like temp at minus 2.

I blanket the horses when it gets below 15. I know there are several schools of thought with
regards to blanketing, but this is what I do.

I have yet to breed the goats ~ Just hasn't seemed like enough hours in the day :(
However, if I don't get them bred soon, I will have to wait because I do not want babies
hitting the ground in the heat of summer.

Nothing real exciting going on here so I will bid you farewell, Merry Christmas, and leave you with some awesome words by the late great CS Lewis:

I believe in God like I believe in the sun, not because I can see it, but because of it all things are seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment